Friday, May 24, 2013

Sunny Days Sewn Card!

When I was little I always drew the same picture.

Big sun, green grass, fields of rainbows and flowers.

So when I create anything now, it usually has elements of my childhood pictures.
Check my other projects, it's totally true!!

I grabbed two pieces of contrasting papers and some colorful thread. 

I appliqued a circle of yellowy sunshine fabric in the corner 
and sewed some sunbeams around the edges.

Then I sewed some dark green grass along the bottom.

The flower stems were next in a light green...some short, some long.

Some sweet button flowers and I was done!
I made this for a sweet friend who was having a birthday.
I think it would make a great welcome to the neighborhood,
welcome to the world, or just because I love you card!

Sunny days to you my friends!


Diane VintageZest said...

Super cute! I love this. :)

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

Oh Jaime this is just adorable!!! I love it. This would be so cute framed!

Cherish said...

It really is adorable! What a creative idea.

Jamie @ Huckleberry Love said...

Very cute. I love homemade cards! I would love for you to come and share this on our weekly link party.

Hope to see you there,

Jennifer Willey said...


Tammy Mitchell said...

that is too cute!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...