WINTRY FAMILY FUN

Monday, July 22, 2013

Daphne's Greek Cafe: Mini Pita Trio!


I have been hearing people talk about Daphne's Greek Cafe for a while now.
They've been telling me how awesome it is, and I just never tried it.


Last week I had the opportunity to try their new menu items!
I packed up the kids and prepared them to taste some new food.
(They can be a little picky, so I wasn't sure what they would think.)


We started with an assortment of dips and spreads.
Fire Feta, Hummus, Guacamole and Tzatziki Sauce!
We tried them all and found our favorites,
but the best part was the fresh pita chips and bread!


The California Greek Salad came out and I gave it a try.
Every bite was filled with a new delicious surprise!
Roasted chicken, fresh avocado, pine nuts, roma tomatoes, 
yellow corn, feta cheese, carrots, cucumbers 
and mixed greens with gorgonzola vinaigrette, 
with fresh pita slices on the side!
YUMMMM!!!


Then came the main affair, the Mini-Pita Trio!

  • Greek Mini-Pita - A Greek style pita sandwich with savory gyros, 
    red onion and tangy tzatziki sauce.

  • Cali-Greek Mini-Pita - Two world flavors in one pita. 
    This pita sandwich features grilled chicken, Daphne’s sauce, 
    salsa fresca, feta cheese and kalamata olives.

  • California Mini-Pita - A pita style sandwich with California flair 
    featuring grilled chicken, jalapeno bacon and guacamole topped with salsa fresca.

    The Cali-Greek was my favorite!
    You would not believe how much food this entree has,
    and all for a very reasonable price!


    And you know I was excited for dessert!
    In addition to the mouthwatering Baklava,
    they have a treat that I fell in love with!


    The caramel pecan is possibly the best thing made on earth.
    Phyllo dough filled with caramel and dipped in chocolate.
    Be still my heart.


    But the very best part is that my picky eater loved it too!
    He loved it all, from the gyro meat, to the pitas, and the spreads!

    It's been almost a week and I crave Daphne's every day.
    I can't wait to go again!

    *I was provided with a meal for my family and a gift bag in exchange for this review. 
    All opinions are our own!
  • No comments:

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...