WINTRY FAMILY FUN

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Chemo Season



I am halfway done with my scheduled chemo appointments!
The side effects are getting worse and more varied with each treatment.
I don't get pain-free days anymore, just days with more manageable symptoms.
And I struggle more to feel grateful.

Here are a list of my chemo and medication side effects.
They come and go and mix and match themselves to give me a new adventure every day!

BODY PAINS
NAUSEA
ACHES
DIZZINESS
WEAKNESS
CONSTIPATION
DIARRHEA
WACKY TASTE BUDS
TENDER SKIN
SORE MOUTH
SKIN RASH
ITCHINESS
HAIR LOSS
CHEST PAIN
HEARTBURN
FATIGUE

I think I am learning lessons in flexibility and rolling with the punches.
I have some control issues, and I definitely like to plan ahead.
The hardest days for me are when I expect to feel good like I had the previous chemo round,
and then I feel yucky.
On those days I forget that this is temporary, I forget it could be worse, and I forget to be grateful.

And then of course, the Lord reminds me.
He is in charge, not me.
I need to learn to let go and trust in His plan for me.
There is so much suffering in the world, and cancer is hard, but it's not the worst thing.
I have my family and friends and incredible amounts of love and support surrounding me.
And I will be well again.

In the meantime I am learning to take my pill, lie down and enjoy another nap.

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven...
He hath made every thing beautiful in His time...
I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice, and to do good in his life.

- Ecclesiastes Chapter 3

XOXO
Jaime

20 comments:

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

I love you so much sweet friend!! You are in our thoughts and prayers constantly!!

Knotts Scary Farm 2019 said...

It is okay to say you are not strong. When you are too weak, we will lift you up and carry you! <3

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Prayers from Texas for such a brave young girl.....I'm glad it's half over. God Bless you!

Unknown said...

Hi Jaime,
The hardest thing for me to do was take a nap. Please hang in there and put one foot in front of the other. Today is my birthday. For my birthday I am going to wish for you a day of calm, no pain and love.
Briana (Ronda's friend)

Wendy said...

Hang in there, Jaime. I wish I had better advice but I think you're doing just great with your own. Just remember, you will eventually feel better.

Admin said...

I love you Jaime. Keep fighting & I can't wait to celebrate with you once you've beat it. xoxo

Creative Tea Time said...

I just love you!!!! xoxoxo Praying every day for you and with you :)
xo,
Tracy

Allan said...

You are truly an inspiring women! Looking forward to future posts. Breast lift delhi

kayh said...

I pray for you everyday Jaime!! Hang in there! Yes, there is a season and time to every purpose… you are wonderful!

Emily said...

You and your family are in my prayers
Emily
domesticdeadline.com

www.gallamorewest.com said...

Jaime,

You are in my thoughts and prayers every day. Even though you say that you're having a harder time being grateful, your sunny personality is still shining through! Much love and prayers being sent your way!

xoxo,
Laurie

Slice of Pie said...

God bless you. I am a fifteen year cancer survivor ... and I know that keeping a positive attitude is half the battle. Sending prayers your direction.

Slice of Pie said...

God bless you. I am a fifteen year cancer survivor ... and I know that keeping a positive attitude is half the battle. Sending prayers your direction.

Duct Tape and Paperclips said...

You are loved Jaime!! Hang in there and fight on sister! I don't know if you know how much of a light and joy you are to others around you. xoxo We are praying for you!! Happy Mother's Day today beautiful.
~Reannah

Unknown said...

You are one tough girl!!! AWESOME!!!!

Trece said...

Thankful you are leaning on the Everlasting arms. Praying for you, dear girl!

Bobbi @ 3GLOL said...

Keep on keepin on! I'm a 15 year survivor and when I was going through the chemo, I felt the same way then, now it's but a memory.

Sending prayers your way! It'll be over soon!

:)

Garage Sales R Us said...

Hang in there!!!! You are doing awesome and you have a great attitude. I know it can be easy to write how you should feel but behind closed doors it can sometimes be harder to honestly feel it. I have had a tough year myself and everything you just told yourself is what I try to tell myself everyday. He is there. He feel your pain. It sucks having to be on his timeline but there are things we do not see and do not understand that he does. Trust in him. Your are an amazing women and a fighter! I keep checking on you! I hope your days will be easier! Praying for you!

Robin

Mindie Hilton said...

You are AMAZING! You are my American Idol :)I am sending love and hugs your way.

AJ said...

Jaime, you're my hero. You can do this. You can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...