WINTRY FAMILY FUN

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Guest Post - Time Well Spent

Hello Everyone,
My name is Suze from Time Well Spent, and I am originally from Haiti. In an interesting turn of events, I found myself living in the Mountain West of the United States. Being in a different environment took a little time for adapting, but I'm loving it here. I have two beautiful children(a 3 years old boy and an 18 months old sassy & bossy girl) who keep me busy most of the time and married to the most amazing man(November 2006). I love making bows, photography, sewing ( just started) and scrapbooking.
Actually, let me tell you when I started making bows. It all began when our family had a bit of a shock! Our second child was supposed to be another boy, but lo and behold, the doctor pulled out a girl! From that moment I have enjoyed the process of raising a little princess. In anticipation of when she would have a head of hair... (She is getting there)... I started to make hair bows and all things girly. 
So now, I am a total bows and tutus addict, but wouldn't have any other way! My daughter has about three hair bows holders full with hair accessories   ( in the process of making her a fourth one, need more room) and about 5...6...ok 12 tutus and I even have one too( it was for Halloween,[don't judge me]or was it...?!
Recently, I decided to open a Etsy shop and share my passion with everyone...In the hope that they will pay for themselves and I can always continue making them knowing that some little one is enjoying having them. Hope I haven't bored you guys to death, so here is some stuff you will find in the shop.
Tutus
Headbands 
 Belts and Matching bows
 Flower Bows and much more.


After all that rambling, I want to share an easy tutorial on how to make a "personalized name plate" which you can always turn unto a hair bow holder.                   


Here is what I used.




The Primer
This is suppose to be purple but I craft at night, so you can barely tell the color.
While waiting for paint to dry, I cut the name and shape using my Cricut which has not got any use for some time now.
After it was all dry ( the next day) I put my letters where I wanted them and a few shapes,  making sure it will all look good and fit...I had to cut them again because the first set I did was much too big and those are 1".
Then I added the Mod Podge which took forever to dry.
And VOILA!!! You can also add ribbons on the back to turn it unto a hair bow holder.
Feel free to come visit Time Well Spent and check out my blog !


Thank you Jaime for letting me visit today...Have a fabulous day :)


2 comments:

liZ said...

I think the lady bug hair clips are my favorite...and so perfect for summer. Very Cute!
liZ

Sharon said...

very cute idea! I will have to try this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...