WINTRY FAMILY FUN

Friday, August 2, 2013

Mexican Chef Salad!



When my sisters and I were growing up, we had a very experimental chef for a mom.
She was always trying to make healthy meals that tasted good.
As you can imagine, some worked...and some didn't.

But this little gem was unanimously our favorite!


This tasty little salad is especially great in the summer,
when you want Mexican food, but it's hot!


Start with browning your meat.
I use ground turkey.
It's healthier and I need to save my calories for ice cream.
And lots of chocolate.
Anyway, season your meat to taste.
Can you tell we eat a lot of tacos?
We only buy taco seasoning in bulk.


While your meat is cooling in the fridge,
chop up some lettuce and tomatoes.
Whichever kind you like.


Now here's the key to all the tastiness.
Fritos and French.
Dressing that is.
I like Wish-Bone but I suppose another brand might work. 
But Fritos are a must.


Mix everything together with enough dressing to taste.
I dare you not to like it.
I haven't met anyone yet who doesn't!


I like to eat it fresh, but my husband even likes it the next day soggy.
He's funny, but he eats leftovers so I love him.
A LOT.

Here's the recipe, enjoy!

Mexican Chef Salad

1-2 lbs ground meat
Taco Seasoning
1 head of lettuce
4 tomatoes
1 bag of Fritos
French dressing
2 cups grated cheese
1 can kidney or black beans


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jamie,

I found your blog through the pity party. We love Taco salad over here too. I've never used dressing though, maybe we'll give it a try. Also, I add corn. But other than that, its exactly the same!

I would love it if you stopped by my blog.

Thanks,
Laura

Cherish said...

Oh no, you can't not do Wishbone dressing. I've tried. Complete failure. Now I want Mexican chef salad. Mmmmmmmmmm.

The Mandatory Mooch said...

What a great recipe for my Mexican food loving family, Jaime!! I would love for you to link up to my Tasty Thursdays party going on right now. http://www.mandatorymooch.blogspot.com/2013/07/tasty-thursdays-52.html

Thanks, Nichi - The Mandatory Mooch

Erin said...

This sounds so incredibly delicious! I can't wait to make it! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Oh yum yum!! This look sooooo good!!! I am making this tomorrow! Hope you stop by to link to my party- http://atozebracelebrations.com/2013/07/link-party-tuesday-july-30-2013.html
Nancy

brooknwlrt said...

My family eats this but we use crushed up nacho Doritos instead...delicious! Now I will only be able to think about this yummy goodness =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...