WINTRY FAMILY FUN

Friday, June 17, 2011

Foodie Friday: Chef In Training!!

Today I have a special treat for you!!
My blogger friend Nikki is here to share a fabulously yummy recipe with you! I am in love with all the recipes on her blog,
and I know when you check out her blog, you'll want to be a follower friend too!!

I was SO excited when Jaime offered me to guest post on her blog!  Thanks so much for letting me be here!  I love being able to share some of my favorite recipes with you!
My name is Nikki and I am an aspiring chef/baker/cook!  I am the cook behind Chef In Training.  My blog is centered around recipes that I LOVE!  I got my passion for cooking from my mother.  My mom is one of the best cooks I have ever met.  Growing up and eating her wonderful food, I would often think to myself, “That is exactly what I want to do!”  My major in college is to be a dietitian, but I had to take a break due to having my daughter.  She is now almost 2 and my best bud!  To add to that excitement, in a three short weeks, we will be adding a baby boy to our home!  I love being a stay at home mom, but sometimes it can make for some pretty long days at home.  I began filling my extra time with cooking and experimenting in the kitchen only to find out that I truly love being in there!  I love to cook for people!  It has become a passion of mine and one of my hubby's favorite things about me haha!

Today, I am going to share one of my husband's favorite dinners with you!  When we were first engaged, he told me, "If we are going to get married, you need to learn how to make Chicken Pillows."  I had never heard of this before, but I knew I wanted to marry him so I set out to find the recipe! haha! It is so easy to throw together, with really basic ingredients and one of the great things about this recipe is that both adults and kids love them!  I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

CHICKEN PILLOWS


here's the recipe:

CHICKEN PILLOWS:
  • 1 can of 8 Pillsbury crescents
  • 8 oz. block of cream cheese
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 2-3 cups chicken-cooked and shredded
  • 1 egg
  • saltine crackers

TOPPING
  • 1 can cream of chicken
  • sour cream (a couple spoon fulls worth)
  • milk
  • shredded cheese

Preheat oven to 400 F


Soften 1/4 cup butter and 8oz. block of cream cheese. Then stir to a smooth consistency. Add cooked shredded chicken to the bowl.


Lay out the 8 crescents on a cookie sheet.


Stretch the crescent out. Place a couple spoon fulls of the creamy chicken mixture into the center of the crescent to fill it. Then fold the crescent around the mixture so that none of it is showing. I'll call this the "pillow"


In a separate smaller bowl, put the egg and a little bit of water, maybe a couple Tablespoons worth and beat together.


Dip the "pillow" into the blended egg.


After dipping into the blended egg, proceed to dip it into the crushed saltine crackers and place on cookie sheet. Repeat for the remaining 7 crescents.


Cook the pillows at 400 F for 20 minutes. Keep an eye on them your oven might cook them quicker.


SAUCE TOPPING:


Put can of cream of chicken and milk into a sauce pan. Add as much milk as you want to get it to the consistency you want i.e. thicker or runnier. When hot enough add 2 spoon fulls of sour cream and cheese to your liking.


Enjoy!

Thanks again for letting me be here and be sure and stop by my blog and say "hi"!  I love to meet new blogging friends!

8 comments:

The Turgeon Family said...

I LOVE this recipe so much! And my husband is ALWAYS asking me to make it for him!!

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness! Will be making these right away. Thank you so much for sharing your creations, Nikki! And thank you to you too, Jaime!

Lauren said...

OH MY GOSH! So making this! Thanks for sharing!

Cheri said...

This is a neat twist on my family's favorite chicken dish...I'm gonna try it. Thanks for sharing!

Erin said...

These look delicious! I am stopping by from Chef in Training...I am your newest follower!
ERIN
http:/eatingmywayback.blogspot.com

Cherish said...

Yum, yum, yum!

Rachel Joy said...

Those look so delectable! Now that's one pillow I wouldn't mind chewing on.

Unknown said...

This sounds like something my husband would like too! I will have to try it! Thanks for sharing! I am also a new follower! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...