WINTRY FAMILY FUN

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Guest Post: Greek Lemon Potatoes by Engineer Mommy


I'm excited today to introduce you to Jennifer from Engineer Mommy!
She has a tasty dinner dish to share with us that I can't wait to try!
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, everyone! My name is Jennifer and I blog over at Engineer Mommy
I am so thrilled to be over here at Polkadots on Parade today!
 Jaime is such an incredibly talented woman and I am honored that she has invited me 
to share this easy recipe for Greek Lemon Potatoes with you today!

I am always on the lookout for easy, delicious recipes to feed my family. 
With a 3 year old and a 15 month old occupying my every moment, 
I am usually short on time - there will be no marathon cooking sessions in my kitchen anytime soon! 
I need recipes that require minimal prep time while still producing flavorful, healthy meals. 
And these Greek Lemon Potatoes deliver just that! 

Preparing these potatoes requires combining some ingredients 
and popping them in the oven for about an hour, 
during which time I can concentrate on far more important tasks - 
you know, like building a sand castle or playing "tag" with the kiddos! :)

My kids are picky eaters, and even they cannot get enough of these Greek Lemon Potatoes. 
Bursting with the delicious flavors of lemon & garlic, 
these potatoes are sure to become a favorite side dish in your house, as they have in mine. 
Plus, they're so versatile, they will complement any entrĂ©e you may be serving: chicken, beef, fish, etc. 
Just make sure you have enough on hand - people will likely want second servings!
Let's get to the recipe now, shall we?

Greek Lemon Potatoes


Greek Lemon Potatoes

Ingredients:

3 lbs baking potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
5 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp. dried oregano
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
3/4 cup chicken broth

Greek Lemon Potatoes Ingredients


Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Combine all the ingredients in a large baking dish 
and toss the potatoes to ensure that they are fully coated by the sauce.
Bake for 1 hour, turning the potatoes once halfway through the cooking time.
Optional: For crispier edges and more color on the potatoes,
 preheat the broiler and broil the potatoes for an additional 5-10 minutes until they are golden brown.

Greek Lemon Potatoes

I've made this a few times beforehand so I can tell you that the chicken broth is essential - 
it infuses a rich flavor into the potatoes and keeps them moist. 
Also, even though it's not necessary, I always place these in the broiler afterward. 
It only takes an extra 5-10 minutes, but it really imparts a lovely color and crispness to the finished product!

Greek Lemon Potatoes

It has been a pleasure sharing this with you all today! 
If you'd like to see what else I've been up to recently, 
feel free to check out some of my easy DIY tutorials
some fun kids' crafts, and some other delicious recipes!
 Thanks again, Jaime, for having me!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...