WINTRY FAMILY FUN

Monday, October 24, 2011

Mmm...mmm...Mondays: PESTO!!



This is me with my awesome sister Tricia.
She makes the best pesto ever.


The greatest thing is that she married the greatest basil raising man EVER!
I just happened to be at their house at the last big harvest.
Oh yeah, it was my lucky day!
And now it's yours!
Here is the recipe for my sister's fab pesto!

Pesto Sauce

2 C Fresh Basil Leaves
3 Garlic Cloves
2 Handfuls Pinenuts
1/2 C Olive Oil
3/4 C Parmesan Cheese
3 TBS Butter

Mix all ingredients in blender or food processor.
 

I love it tossed with hot pasta, in a cold pasta salad, on sandwiches, or just slathered on shepherd's bread!

ENJOY!!
You're welcome. :)

2 comments:

Cherish said...

Hard to enjoy when I'm here and you're there....with your pesto. Sigh.

Adventure Mommy Susan said...

oh wow i love pesto! is that aunt jan's recipe? she made great pesto too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...