WINTRY FAMILY FUN

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

LUCKY!!

I had so much fun making the Valentine's Tutu Wreath that I couldn't wait to make something for St. Patrick's Day!
I love March because it's my birthday month and my Great-grandmother Rose O'Brien always called me her little leprechaun. She had leprechauns all over her house and garden and used to read the tea leaves in the bottom of our peppermint teacups.

I went to the fabric store and wandered around brainstorming, tossing one idea after another and finding new inspiration.
 I found this remnant in the bin and I knew it's what I wanted!
 It turns out that the metal wreaths are MUCH cheaper
 than the foam ones.
 And they double as a hula-hoop for cute girls!
 Cut your fabric into strips.
 Wrap it around the wire wreath.
 So it covers the wreath and comes around.
 Tie a knot.
 Voila!
 Scrunch them all together for good coverage.
 I debated between getting the gold paint and the glitter to sprinkle on top, or this paint with the glitter built in.
I thought I was so smart, eliminating a step.
Turns out, it takes a lot of coats
and has to be sponged on with your brush.
Be smart.
Paint.
Dip in glitter.
 Once the letters finally dried, I hot glued them onto the wreath.
And added a few gold coins.
 I cut 12 inch lengths of the colors of the rainbow.
  And made a loopty loop.
 Ta-da!
But I couldn't shake the need for a rainbow.
 So I hot glued a rainbow of ribbon across the middle.
And called it done.
But now I'm not sure about the rainbow.
LOL
Which way do you like it better?



giveaways

monogram

 

11 comments:

Cherish said...

With the rainbow, for sure!

Melanie said...

I like it both ways. Super cute Jaime!! Way to go!

BubbaandM said...

Looks awesome! Glad the blog is back!

Kath said...

oooh so creative! love it.

Kyla Armstrong said...

I vote for the rainbow! It's so cute.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it! I would add a little cloud. . .or something to the rainbow. I like it with the rainbow but it feels like its missing something. . .

Jennifer said...

Really creative! I like that it's like the rag wreaths you see everywhere, except you made pretty uniform bows with your fabric strips to give it a cleaner look. I'm also dying over that rainbow! I featured you today on my spring wreath roundup :)

http://sunshineandchaucer.blogspot.com/2011/03/spring-wreath-round-up.html

Megan said...

This is cute. (and I love the hula hoop picture.)

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

Maria-Isabel @ Agape Love Designs said...

This is sooo adorable!
I had to share it on my FB page(http://www.facebook.com/agapelovedesigns)!

I am Katy, said...

With. :) I've been feeling the need for a wreath. Thanks for sharing yours.

jennmom2000 said...

I love the ribbon rainbow!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...